Tulsa Speedway 2020 Mini Stock Rules
1. Any American or foreign made compact 4-cylinder car or
truck with front or rear wheel drive.
1. Car: maximum 101 inches.
2. Truck: maximum 108 inches.
1. Must be stock appearing and match make and model.
2. Exception: All non-stock appearing bodies Owners must
file a letter of exception with 3 reliable confirmable
references confirming make, model and year of car. Must
also have some form of lettering/logo of make or model on
front of car.
3. Must have three (3) windshield bars in front of the
1. Original equipment steel bumpers are allowed, but
cannot be reinforced. Bumpers may be fabricated from
maximum 2” O.D. tubing with ends turned back to frame so
no ends or sharp edges are exposed. Bumpers cannot extend
past center line of tires.
2. One 8” tall loop may be welded on top of bumper, no
wider than frame rails. One 4” tall loop may be welded
under bumper to protect bottom of radiator, no wider than
3. Rear bumper 8” tall loop may be welded on top of rear
bumper. Must have a top protective loop at the rear that
extends at least 1 inch below the fuel cell.
1. 5-inch spoiler maximum allowed.
1. Any OEM 4-cylinder motor, maximum 2360cc. Engine must
match manufacturer (ie. Ford to Ford, Chevrolet to
Chevrolet, Dodge to Dodge, etc.).
2. No aftermarket heads or blocks.
3. Stock ignition *Must match make and frame of car*.
4. Stock OEM only *Must match make and model of car* •
Mini clutches are allowed. • Starter: Must be working and
mounted in stock location.
1. Steel OEM driveshaft only. Must have safety loop within
12 inches of front u-joint. Must be painted white and with
your car number visibly on it.
1. Stock OEM *Must match make of car*.
Firewall & Floor Pan:
1. Must be Stock original firewall and floor pan. All
holes must be covered.
1. 4-point cage minimum with at least 3 driver side door
bars. Roll cage must be welded to frame in a safe manner.
Front and rear hoops are allowed with a minimum tubing
thickness of 0.095. Unibody cars must be tied together at
sub frames if rear frame rails are rusted and need
repaired. You may cut the frame at a point no further
forward than the vertical center line of the rear end
housing and replace.
1. 3 brakes must work upon inspection. All calipers must
1. OEM only. *Must match make and model of car*. All mount
and parts must remain in stock OEM location.
2. Weight jacks are allowed.
1. Steel shocks only. May run heim end shocks on front and
rear in stock location. No take apart or rebuildable
shocks allowed. Only one shock per wheel is allowed.
1. OEM mounted in stock location.
2. Quick release style steering and quickners ok.
1. Gasoline only. Fuel cells are mandatory. No stock type
tanks allowed. Electric fuel pumps are allowed with a shut
off and kill switch within reach of driver.
1. Stock OEM fuel system *Must match make and model of
2. Option 2: One (1) 500 cfm 2 barrel carburetor with
adapter plate only. Esslinger intake is legal.
1. Are optional, exhaust must exit outside car and away
from drivers’ compartment.
2. Mufflers are not mandatory but recommended on all cars.
3. Heating Beanie Weenies on header before “A” feature is
1. Not to exceed 1 ˝ inches and must be mounted against
1. 10 inch steel wheels maximum. Bead locks allowed.
1. Must run “DOT” approved tires or Hoosier “Stars” only.
Tires must be clearly stamped with “DOT” or “Stars”.
2. “DOT” and “Stars” stamp must be painted white.
3. Sipping and grooving allowed.
4. No recaps allowed.
1. Car must weigh minimum 2300 lbs.
2. All weight must be mounted with two ˝-inch bolts and
painted white with your car number visibly on it.
1. We here at The New Tulsa Speedway take safety very
seriously. If you are unsure of your safety equipment
please contact the track for clarification before you come
to the track to race. If you are unsure where to purchase
your safety equipment contact the track for information.
2. Must have a minimum of a 5-point harness not more than
2 years old. Aluminum racing seat only. Must have a fire
extinguisher, window net, or arm restraints. Must have
kill switch marked clearly on/off in plain sight.
Mandatory for driver to wear fire suit, gloves, shoes,
etc. at all times. The rules are subject to change at any
time by The New Tulsa Speedway for the improvement of the
3. All cars are subject to inspection at any time and must
be free of mechanical defects and be in safe racing
condition or they may not be allowed on the track. If you
do not meet the safety requirements you will not be
allowed to race, and will not be given a refund for any
4. Due to the large number of car make and model options
for this class, the promoter reserves the right to assess
additional weight on any one car in the interest of equal
5. Due to the fact that it appears that some racers in
this class choose to run make and model of cars that are
up to 40+ years old, The New Tulsa Speedway will consider
any letters of exception in writing to any rules posted.
Letters must be received no later than 2 weeks before any
scheduled event. Upon receipt, each letter will be
reviewed on a case by case basis. The owner will be
notified and the decision of The New Tulsa Speedway will